Stephen Jackson is a qualified accountant who has had a varied career in both the private and public sectors. After qualifying, he joined Bass plc. and progressed with several senior financial roles in the Company’s pubs and hotel subsidiaries.
Later Stephen was appointed as Finance Director of Crest Hotels: Continent of Europe, based in Frankfurt and was part of a small team that acquired, for Bass, Holiday Inn. Upon completion of the acquisition, he became Chief Financial Officer for Holiday Inn – Europe, Middle East and Africa, based in Brussels.
- In 1991, he moved to Hong Kong as Chief Financial Officer and Head of Development and IT for Holiday Inn – Asia Pacific.
- In 1996, he was seconded, as acting Managing Director, to establish new businesses in South Africa for Bass’s Leisure subsidiary.
- In 1997, Stephen was invited to join the Board of John Ryan Company, a US Design and Consulting firm with operations in over 30 countries, as Executive Vice-President and Global Chief Financial Officer, with additional responsibility for IT, logistics and HR.
- In 2000, he joined the Board of easyCar as Financial Director/Company Secretary.
- In 2003, Stephen joined Nottingham Trent University where he held the post of Chief Financial and Operations Officer with overall responsibility for Finance, Estates, Commercial Development, Legal, Registry, IT, and Governance Services. He was also appointed as a member of the Board of Governors and the Academic Board. In May 2016, Stephen retired from NTU.
Stephen currently acts as Non Executive Director with each of the following local organisations:-
- The Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust;
- Derbyshire Health United;
- The Nottingham BID; and
- He is the Chair of the Active Partners Trust.