- Four weekday services between Nottingham and Crewe reinstated
- Two new services introduced between Peterborough and Lincoln on Saturday
- New weekday Liverpool Lime Street – Nottingham service
- Timetable change will also include a trial of Class 170 trains on the Liverpool – Norwich route – providing more seats at times customers want
East Midlands Railway (EMR) is to increase a number of its regional services next month – including providing more carriages on the Liverpool – Norwich route by using its Class 170 fleet.
The changes, which are part of the next timetable change and will take place on Sunday, December 10, will see the reintroduction of four weekday services between Nottingham and Crewe, two new services between Peterborough and Lincoln and a new weekday service between Liverpool Lime Street and Nottingham.
EMR is also piloting a new scheme to use some of its Class 170 trains to provide additional capacity on its Norwich – Liverpool route – targeting specific times and services which are currently popular with its customers.
Will Rogers, Managing Director for East Midlands Railway, said:
“We are always looking at ways we can better match the timetable we operate with the journeys our customers want to make.
“But any changes need to take in a number of factors, including the allocation of necessary funding, maintaining levels of performance (punctuality) and operational feasibility.
“We are delighted to be able to provide a boost in services for our regional customers from December. The increase represents the culmination of substantial work to make sure they can be increased or reintroduced reliably and sustainably.
“We are also looking forward to seeing how the trial of our Class 170 trains, and the extra capacity they will afford, is received by our customers on the Norwich – Liverpool line. That route continues to be very popular and we have picked specific times we know our customers want to travel at.”
December timetable changes
Reinstated or new services
- Weekdays 0553 Nottingham – Crewe
- Weekdays 0810 Crewe – Nottingham
- Weekdays 1616 Nottingham – Crewe
- Weekdays 1810 Crewe – Nottingham
- Saturdays 1800 Lincoln – Peterborough
- Saturdays 1926 Peterborough – Lincoln
- Weekdays 0851 Liverpool Lime Street – Nottingham (currently 1139 Nottingham to Norwich)
- Weekdays 0501 Nottingham – Sleaford
- Weekdays 0535 Worksop – Nottingham cancelled between Worksop – Mansfield Woodhouse
- Weekdays 2225 Nottingham – Worksop cancelled between Mansfield Woodhouse – Worksop
- Weekdays 2343 Worksop – Nottingham cancelled between Worksop and Mansfield Woodhouse
Posted on 01 December 2023