Children aged 5-12 are invited to visit The Harley Gallery and Foundation this summer to enjoy weekly creative workshops in their specialist countryside Education Studio.
The Hands on Holidays Summer Sessions will run every Tuesday throughout August, with both morning and afternoon sessions available.
Children will join the Foundation’s Education team to try their hand at a range of different art and craft activities. Activities range from pottery to papercraft, and there’s a different activity every time.
Fiona Clapperton, Education and Engagement Manager says ‘The Summer Sessions offer children a broad range of creative activities, and we hope they will go home inspired! With sessions running weekly during the summer, art and craft can become part of the children’s routines… while offering adults a regular activity to keep little ones busy while school is out.’
Workshops will take place in The Harley Foundation’s specialist Education Studio, which is located within a group of 21 professional artist’s workshops – and all set in beautiful countryside surroundings.
The sessions can be booked singly for £12.50 per child or as a whole day for just £20. Adults do not need to stay with their children for the sessions – but are warned that if they do, they might get messy!
If you can’t make it on Tuesdays, don’t worry – there’s always something to do with the kids at The Harley Gallery and Foundation.
There are free activities available every day. Head upstairs in The Harley Gallery for creative activities themed to our contemporary exhibitions, or go next door to The Portland museum and pick up a Travel Diary and doodle, sticker and write as your explore.
Don’t miss the Art Trail leading to Creswell Crags, with sculptures by Michelle Reader and Martin Smith along the way.
Plus, there’s a monthly Art Club for ages 6-11, and Art Club Extra for ages 11-16.
- Hands on Holidays // Summer Sessions are creative workshops for children aged 5-12 which are taking place at The Harley Gallery and
- Foundation every Tuesday during August.
- Sessions cost £12.50 half day / £20 full day. Click here to book.
- The Harley Gallery and Foundation is on the Welbeck estate, on the A60 south of Worksop. It is 15 minutes from both the A1 and M1.
- The Harley Gallery and Portland Collection Museum are open 6 days a week, and are free to enter with free parking.
Posted on 01 July 2022