Gold, Diamond and now Platinum; The Hemlock Happening is back on the 4th June from 1pm-10.30pm as part of the celebrations taking place for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Originally organised to celebrate the Golden Jubilee in 2002, the event has become a popular annual celebration and this year marks its third Jubilee year.
Organised by L Leisure on behalf of Broxtowe Borough Council and The Bramcote & Stapleford Golden Jubilee Group, this free event will be a fun packed day of live music, dance, sport, crafts, stalls and family activities ending with a beacon lighting and Jubilee themed fireworks display at 10.30pm
What to expect:
- Live music stage featuring new bands and old favourites with music throughout the decades with some favourites from the 50’s to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the throne.
- An array of craft and trade and foods stalls.
- Sports, fair rides & inflatable fun.
- Community stall activities.
- Classic vehicles
- A licensed bar.
- Pose for a photo with some stilt-walking Beefeater Royal Guards, why not try and make them crack a smile!
- Step back to Medieval times with Team Falchion Medieval Group, learn about the 14th century and watch the armor clad knights battle for the glory of England!
- The Haven Performance Arena showcasing a host of talent from local dance organisations and clubs.
- Jubilee themed make and take arts & crafts for the family.
Parking is available on site for Blue badge holders only. Free event parking is available at Ilkeston Road Recreation Ground, Stapleford.
For further details visit www.visit-nottinghamshire.co.uk
Posted on 30 May 2022